.

.
Book Cover

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Twist of Fate

Dear Mr. Goodwin,
I received the book today. Thank you very much for the prompt shipping and for signing the book. While looking after my grandfather, Robert Baird, after his hip replacement surgery last week he related to me how he was in Atlanta on business the day of the fire. He debated that evening about staying the night in Atlanta or driving back home through the night. He was near the Winecoff and would have stayed there if not for deciding to come home.
Thanks again,
Mark Baird Knoxville, TN.

Dear Mark,
Thanks for the delivery notification. How fortunate indeed your grandfather was! I hope he's doing OK.
I thought at first you might be related to Dr. Renfroe Baird who escaped from room 804. My co-author, Sam Heys, interviewed him. His story is told beginning on page 35 of our book.
Best wishes,
Allen

No comments: