.

.
Book Cover

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lucky Honeymoon

This Winecoff Hotel Room Is
Believed To Be The Bridal Suite
Dear Mr. Goodwin,

Congratulations on an excellent book. Though obviously a tragic subject, I still found it to be well written and captivating.

Just recently I learned, much to my surprise, that I have connections that go back to the hotel and 1946. I discovered that my parents - from Birmingham - spent their honeymoon in Atlanta and at the Winecoff in September of 1946 and were horrified by the news of the fire in December - apparently so much so that they never discussed it with me. I only discovered this in the last few years.
 
I'm told they felt they were among the "lucky ones" - those who were not in the wrong place at the wrong time later that year.
 
Again, thank you for an excellent book.

Very best wishes,
Dave Robertson
Lexington, Kentucky

No comments: