.

.
Book Cover

Friday, July 31, 2015

A Reader in Atlanta Writes

Good afternoon,

I've been reading about the Winecoff Hotel Fire for a couple of weeks now. I've been living in Atlanta for 5 years and never heard of this event. I stumbled upon your website and the facts about the Winecoff fire after hearing about it at the Ellis Hotel. I was visiting a friend from Tennessee who was staying there and we were both floored. I work at a law firm and have read about similar fires at The Station Nightclub and the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory and could not believe something this scale happened here in Atlanta. I stopped to look up at the building as I left the hotel and shivered.

I will be purchasing your book from Amazon this week. Thank you for your detailed and respectful website. I wish more Atlantans knew about this sad, pivotal chapter in our history.

Take care,
Ash

Dear Ash,

Thank you for your kind e-mail. Please write again as you learn more about the incredible tragedy that occurred right on Atlanta's most famous thoroughfare. For books click here.

All best,
Allen

No comments: